Sales Operations Manager or Director
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a solar/storage project development and installation company in business and governments markets, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees strong career opportunities.
OnSwitch has streamlined selling of solar projects through its proprietary software product, SkyQuotes™, that simplifies how customers evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 150kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers and public agencies (direct sales) as well as large solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Sales Operations Manager or Director who can direct and coordinate a high volume of commercial solar system sales proposals through a detailed process requiring input from multiple functional teams while meeting customer and sales team requirements. Candidate should be able to build strong relationships with internal and external parties, develop tools/processes to track quote activities to ensure quotes are delivered on time, perform quality control; oversee team as a functional manager; and develop innovative solutions as a key part of a mission-driven and sales-focused company.
The Sales Operations Manager will report to OnSwitch’s Head of Operations.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East regional office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area can benefit from periodic in-person team collaboration. This position will be work with teams located in multiple time zones, including offshore locations.
- Accountable for all proposals generated in the company, and ensuring that they are on-time, accurate, and optimized.
- Responsible for managing and building a team of analysts
- Continuously developing and implementing process improvements.
- OnSwitch proposals can be very complex and require significant analysis. Responsible for ensuring that new market developments and future sales requirements are fully understood, and solutions are correctly implemented by Analyst team.
- Help maintain data integrity in SFDC, and be responsible for building out new features in SFDC to support sales requirements.
- Develop, track, and report metrics for the sales and sales operations teams.
- Maintain existing tools that help automate proposal generation.
- Manage the requirements of new features for the SkyQuote tool to accommodate changing sales needs, such as new markets, new policies, etc.
- This role will require coordination with a cross-functional team located in multiple geographies, including offshore locations.
- Translate customer and deal requirements into a list of final deliverables, be accountable for achieving them using OnSwitch business systems, and set clear expectations with the sales team on deliverable dates.
- Provide rapid feedback to the sales team if more information is needed to ensure that customer requirements will be met with the first quote delivered.
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all quotes delivered to the sales team to ensure that all customer specifications have been integrated, and that the engineering, procurement, and costing teams have delivered inputs that are all aligned, meet the spec, and are error free.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of a Sales Operations position selling complex offerings
- Strong analytical background
- Understanding of financial analysis, and experience with energy avoided cost analyses and with utility rates in multiple states is preferred
- Experience with current solar incentive programs is preferred
- Experience in small, fast-growing company is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience with functional management and training of an overseas team is preferred
- Self-driven with strong internal-team management and coordination skills including prioritization, communication, follow-through, and juggling a dynamic portfolio of active deals with tasks changing daily
- Personal integrity and high level of respect for others on climate change and expand people’s access to lower cost, renewable energy
Compensation and Benefits
- Remote position
- Schedule flexibility
- Benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical and dental
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to email@example.com.