Lead of Cost Estimation
We are seeking a Cost Estimation Lead with the following general responsibilities –
- Responsible for all aspects of project costing including labor, major equipment, BOS, surveys, and special adders for rooftop, carport, and ground projects
- Develop the most cost-effective execution and procurement strategies by collaborating with engineering and construction teams
- Close coordination with sales and quotes teams to ensure that project costs and quotes are continually updated based on market fluctuations
- Develop and improve processes and tools to enable continuous improvement and scalability of OnSwitch operations including the development and maintenance of software to automate cost estimation
The right candidate will be considered for a Director-level role
Cost Estimation Responsibilities
- Responsible for success, timeliness, competitiveness, and accuracy of the estimating function.
- Responsible for ensuring that project cost estimation closely matches the actual costs to procure materials and labor for a project
- Manage and oversee all estimation up to construction-start for solar, storage and EV charging projects.
- Develop and maintain estimating best practices and recruit, train & develop junior estimators/analysts.
- Ensure all estimates fit the design, scope and customer standards associated with the project.
- Regularly analyze as-built capex costs and employ feedback-loops with the Execution team to influence curves.
- Work with services procurement team to ensure that bids meet sales project requirements
- Regular coordination with procurement team to ensure that project costs are set at market rates.
- Participate in the sales process as a subject matter expert to support winning bid strategies
Process improvement and technology development
- Owner of all estimating tools, models, curves, methods and processes
- Contribute to process improvement activities to drive scalability and efficiency in OnSwitch operations.
- Closely work with Procurement and Execution teams to keep a robust cost database current
- Continuously track and report on the estimating team’s turnaround times and processes
- Owner of the web-based cost model. Provide requirements to the software team to develop cost model that will integrate with the SkyQuote technology
- Manage cost related tables in the SkyQuote database
- Measure success at estimating actual costs for a project
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction, Statistics, and Math.
- 5 years experience with solar & storage engineering scopes, including electrical, mechanical, structural, civil and permitting. Experience with C&I solar projects strongly preferred.
- Creating complex estimating models and/or financial models.
- Successfully leading internal teams or project teams
- Ensuring that all detailed customer and sales requirements are included in
the scope of work, and no extraneous scope/costs are included
- Focused on providing a high quality solution at the lowest cost
- Working with solar preferred vendors
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to email@example.com.