West Coast Construction Manager
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Construction Manager who has ability to supervise and manage multiple construction projects simultaneously across multiple geographies, while working on other projects that are in the predevelopment stage.
The Construction Manager will report to the Vice President, Construction.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
The Construction Manager oversees construction and improvement projects on solar renewable projects. Coordinates with construction crews, oversees project inspectors, and on a project specific basis performs construction oversight. Conducts job walks, and meets with bidders, contractors, and governing agencies. Ensures projects are completed safely per company standards, engineering design, regulatory guidelines, permits and schedule.
- Supervise and direct all aspects of construction which includes off-sites and on-sites.
- Responsible for safety and correcting issues as necessary to maintains a safe work site.
- Oversee project requirements to include but not limited to applicable codes, regulations, standards, schedules and responsible for ensuring the workmanship of all work by inspecting and approving trade (installation contractors).
- Provide sound advice to ensure all services are performed to project requirements including plans and specifications.
- Liaise with the city to obtain permits and licenses as needed.
- Mitigate circumstances that could lead to claims, potential disputes, and project delays.
- Maintain communication and professional relationships with clients, team members, city/agency representatives, third-party contractors.
- Maintain records of all changes on the project, such as change orders and/or purchase orders; ensure reports and record keeping is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for quality control including records of inspections and corresponding paperwork.
- Responsible for coordination of utility service connections.
- Approve all trade partner’s invoices about work completion and quality.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis; hold regular status meetings with all consultants and contractors; maintain minutes; perform periodic inspection of the construction site(s).
- Assist contractors and consultants with the project closeout phase—final inspection, substantial completion, required documentation and final completion.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; development of goals and/or objectives, assignment of responsibilities, coaching, training, accountability as well as interviewing and hiring.
- Coordinate and/or attend project meetings.
- Ensure project budgets and schedules remain timely and on-track; provide progress and budget adherence reporting as required by lenders and or stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, communication, and teamwork.
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance, and appearance .
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Adheres to local, state, and federal laws.
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position.
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, days, and weekends to support the business needs.
- Must be able to travel to job site(s) as assigned; work will be in both office and field.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Wrike software with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, making decisions, and identifying priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
- Standard employee benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision.
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.