Sales Proposals Manager, US
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Sales Proposal Manager who can direct and coordinate a high volume of commercial solar system sales proposals through a detailed process requiring input from multiple functional teams while meeting customer and sales team requirements. Candidate should be able to build strong relationships with internal and external parties, develop tools to track quote activities to ensure quotes are delivered on time, perform quality control; oversee team as a functional manager; and develop innovative solutions as a key part of a mission-driven and sales-focused company.
The Sales Proposal Manager will report to OnSwitch’s Head of Sales Operations.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East regional office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area can benefit from monthly in-person team collaboration. This position will require collaboration via phone multiple evenings a week with a proposal support team based in India.
- Accountable for all proposals generated in the company to be on-time, accurate, and comprehensive.
- Coordinate with the US-based OnSwitch sales team to get a thorough understanding of customer and deal related requirements that need to be integrated into quotes by the Operations team. The Operations team consists of solar system Project Management, Costing, Engineering, and Procurement functional teams. The Operations team has members.
- located in the US and in India.
- Translate customer and deal requirements into a list of final deliverables, and be accountable for achieving them
- Develop project plan for the final deliverables with clearly defined tasks using OnSwitch’s task management tool. The project plan shall deliver accurate quotes and deliverables that meet customer and deal requirements.
- Provide rapid feedback to the sales team if more information is needed to ensure that customer requirements will be met with the first quote delivered
- Track sales quote deadlines and sales quote requirements using Saleforce.com and Hubspot software, and ensure that the Operations team is aware of and is tracking to due dates. Update CRM systems with final quote information.
- Monitor and update quote schedules to ensure that Sales Operations team is forecasting quote delivery dates accurately, and that all tasks are captured and assigned to the correct people.
- Drive and coordinate quotes to full completion with the Costing, Procurement, and Engineering teams
- Ensure that the Sales Operations team is following up with operations and sales teams on all tasks and timelines
- Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all quotes delivered to the sales team to ensure that all customer specifications have been integrated, and that the engineering, procurement, and costing teams have delivered inputs that are all aligned, meet the spec, and are error free.
- Provide quick responses to sales team for their questions on quotes, costs, and scope of work
- Generate same-day fast turnaround customer quotes as needed.
- Ensure that portfolio-level customer requirements are consistently integrated into quotes.
- Recommend and implement process improvements including developing quote completion metrics to identify bottlenecks, reporting, and analytics and operations.
- With input from sales, train, develop templates for, and oversee the Sales Operations team in generating financial analyses for solar and battery storage including financing options, avoided cost analyses, optimizing system sizes based on customer requests or utility rates, etc.
- Ensure that SkyQuote product is up to date with costs, financial considerations, and production.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of a Sales Operations position selling complex offerings.
- Experience in small, fast-growing company is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Experience with functional management and training of an overseas team is preferred.
- Understanding of project financials and experience with energy usage and production data analysis and with utility rates in multiple states is preferred.
- Self-driven with strong internal-team management and coordination skills including prioritization, communication, follow-through, and juggling a dynamic portfolio of active deals with tasks changing daily.
- Personal integrity and high level of respect for others on climate change and expand people’s access to lower cost, renewable energy.
Compensation and Benefits
- Benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to email@example.com.