Project Manager – Solar (Remote Role)
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Project Manager who has ability to supervise and manage multiple construction projects simultaneously across multiple geographies, while working on other projects that are in the predevelopment stage.
The Project Manager will report to the Vice President, Construction.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for executing solar PV projects while maintaining budget and schedule.
- The position will manage and direct project management activities, act as liaison between client, stakeholders, engineers, contractors, third-party construction managers and other consultants during the execution phase of a project. This position will also be responsible for the coordination during execution phase and close out of projects. This position may have from little-to-full responsibility for projects in entitlement, design, and preconstruction.
- The candidate must deliver positive results and assume accountability for delivering projects on an approved schedule and on budget to maintain value and protect profitability.
- Drive execution of the projects, keeping them on schedule and on budget, while maintaining relationships with clients, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Maintain top quality customer service with clients and all stakeholders.
- Manage project budgets, schedules and other information utilizing Office 365 systems, Wrike, etc.
- Evaluate installer’s progress reports with an eye toward managing project risks.
- Present project progress, key findings, and recommendations.
- Manage weekly calls with contractors to discuss project progress.
- Engage and coordinate internal resources, engineers, consultants, and solar installers in preparation and execution of project plans through completion.
- Review and take ownership of project budgets including cost of permits and fees, third-party consultants, and construction costs for off-site, site work.
- Review and take ownership of project schedules for construction and delivery.
- Coordinate and manage solar installers, conduct project meetings, and provide weekly progress reports to client.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiate construction bid amounts and contract terms.
- Work closely with Business Development team members providing recommendations on how to enhance and improve building and/or site configuration.
- Provide site evaluation and due diligence including hiring consultants and evaluating/overseeing when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7 to 10 years of experience or equivalent. Track record of achievement and career progression.
- Ability to travel 25% with short overnight trips.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down the organization.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Successfully led and managed complex portfolios valued at $30 million.
- Demonstrated success in the Project Management function of a construction firm.
- Proven success managing subcontractors and developing and executing innovative project changes.
- Success developing cost to completes, costing and pricing Change Orders, and maximizing profits.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and forms, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Background in project start-up meetings, subcontractor and vendor buyouts, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost to completes.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close.
- Experience influencing and gaining buy-in from senior leadership, team members, and peers.
- Entrepreneurial with a well-rounded business perspective.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Wrike software with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, making decisions, and identifying priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
- Benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision
- At-market salary
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.