Project Controls Coordinator, India
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
The candidate will work closely with the OnSwitch project deployment team to coordinate the successful installation of small to large scale commercial solar projects across the United States. The candidate should have the ability to systematically gather inputs from numerous stakeholders, update OnSwitch business systems, and distill this information into reports and metrics. The candidate should be able to perform this work across multiple solar construction projects, while working with stakeholders across multiple time zones. The successful candidate will be able to identify schedule discrepancies, and contractual and financial risks and escalate those to the team in an organized and timely manner. The candidate should have the ability to manage many detailed administrative aspects of the project such as project invoices and deliverables and coordinate the organization and delivery of those deliverables with many stakeholders.
- Solar project construction schedule and reporting support
- Set up project construction schedules, accounting, risks, submittals, and reports for projects per project contractual requirements.
- Correspond daily with internal stakeholders to gather updates to project schedules.
- Immediate follow up on schedules to ensure that all dates in the past are updated.
- Provide internal reports to OS PMs to enable them to manage project budgets, schedules, and project risks.
- Provide progress reports to OS PMs for customers to enable OnSwitch to deliver top quality customer service.
- Prepare project submittals for the client
- Prepare daily and weekly project reports for the client
- Prepare reports for OS Project Controls team with key project performance metrics such as revenue slippage, margin erosion, PTO slippage, etc.
- Ensure that project files are named correctly and saved to project data repository for external and internal stakeholders.
- Solar project construction financial support
- Closely track all payment milestones and associated deliverables.
- Issue detailed invoices to customers when milestones are achieved to ensure that invoices are paid on time.
- Report on subcontractor change orders and ensure that approvals and rejections are being tracked and responded to.
- Prepare and submit customer change orders, and track approval
- Provide all financial information to accounting when contracts are signed or values change, to enable accounting to process vendor invoices and follow up on submitted invoices.
- Develop and implement new processes, aimed to improve project outcomes and communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 to 4 years of experience. Track record of achievement.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills a must.
- Solid time management and systematic approach to all work.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying priorities that will improve team performance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with many stakeholders during US time.
- Self-Initiated person who can perform with minimal direction.
- Good experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and varied data analysis techniques/tools.
- Managing, analyzing and visualizing datasets – present emerging trends/patterns/insights.
|Job Title||Project Controls Coordinator|
|OnSwitch Group||Project Controls|
|Desired Education||BE/BTech – Electrical Engineering|
|Work Location||Based in Chennai, India|
|Years of Experience||2-3 years|
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.