Manager, Project Engineering
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Manager of Project Engineering who has ability to build and lead a team of engineers, supervise and manage multiple construction projects simultaneously across multiple geographies, while working on other projects that are in the pre-development stage, and develop processes and systems to improve the speed and efficiency of project engineering work. The Manager of Project Engineer will report to OnSwitch’s Head of Engineering.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
- Manage the in-house and outsourced project engineering team
- Oversee the engineering team in all aspects of project design, including site data collection, organization of project information, direction and coordination of engineering firms, review of work product from engineering firms, and preparation of project deliverables.
- Guide the team to ensure that design and engineering work product aligns with project goals, as defined by sales team. Ensure that project work product is delivered on-time and at high quality. Work product includes items such as interconnection applications, drawing sets, calculation packages, and reports.
- Develop and improve processes and tools to enable continuous improvement and scalability of OnSwitch operations.
- Supervise engineering personnel and provide technical guidance to the team
- Lead collection of site information as input to the design and engineering process. Plan and coordinate site survey work, collection of existing site documentation.
- Manage technical support for OnSwitch projects, including product qualification, review of designs and calcs, review of equipment specifications.
- Manage support for permitting activities as needed. Deliver Issue-for-permit drawing set to the project installer to enable submission to the local AHJ.
- Lead the creation of Issue-for-construction drawing sets to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Manage technical support during project execution, responding to RFIs, supporting technical trouble-shooting, supporting commissioning and performance testing, and documenting as-built conditions.
- Ensure that system performance calculations are as accurate as possible and aligned with design parameters.
- Manage the collection and organization of all design and engineering requirements. Ensure that design requirements are defined and communicated to engineering resources. Ensure that design requirements align with customer or AHJ technical requirements.
- Research permitting requirements in new jurisdictions, as needed.
- Manage other project engineering tasks as required.
- Lead process improvement activities to drive scalability and efficiency in OnSwitch operations.
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Experience managing multi-discipline teams of engineers
- 7 years experience in project engineering for energy-related construction, particularly renewable energy. Experience in C&I Solar projects preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of solar array design and optimization, inverter technology, utility interconnections for DER, permitting for construction projects.
- Experience with solar performance modeling tools and reports.
Compensation and Benefits
- Benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision
- At-market salary
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to email@example.com.