Journeyperson Electrician, Southern CA
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Journeyperson Electrician which will report to the Vice President, Construction.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
The Journeyperson Electrician will work on job sites all throughout Central and Southern California, this is an 50% travel-based position in which all work will occur on the road. Projects will range between 3 to 12 weeks by a cross-functional team of 4 to 20 members handling all trades required to get the work done collectively. The team will be expected to push the limits of construction technology and techniques, and as such will have direct feedback contact with design engineers, project managers, and business developers related to the program.
- Perform new installation of power distribution, transformers, UG Conduit Pad work, Switchgear, AC/DC Inverters, lighting, and electrical equipment up to 480 VAC and 1000VDC. Systems may include battery storage and solar generation components.
- Interpret complex electrical schematics and blueprints to plan work scopes, install requested improvements, troubleshoot, and correct problems.
- Communicate clear and concisely with crew, direct supervisor, site superintendent and clients.
- Display a positive attitude and practice good work ethic reflective of the mission, philosophy, and goals of OnSwitch.
- Train new employees and educate other members of the organization about the complexities of construction implementation.
- Express leadership and initiative when handed new projects work alongside and participate in other trades.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback.
- Bend conduit in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
- In process of getting or currently holding a Valid State of California Journeyman License required with knowledge in safety standards set by NEC and NFPA70E.
- Minimum of 2+ years of electrician journeyman level or higher experience in industrial, military or commercial settings.
- Experience in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC and 1000VDC.
- Experience in medium voltage, utility scale work and PV experience preferred.
- OSHA 30 hours – CPR-first aid required.
- Ability to use trade tools, meters, technology, and all other necessary equipment to complete the job.
- Ability to lift and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods of time while wearing a 25 lbs. tool belt.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Standard employee benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision.
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.