Financial Controller (Remote Role)
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software products, SkyQuoteTM and SkyPlannerTM, simplify the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplify how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal for any of their buildings. OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide sited on small
commercial building rooftops for small businesses to multi-rooftop and parking lots in multiple states for the largest corporate buyers, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our key customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales channel) as well as the top solar project development companies (indirect sales channel).
OnSwitch is seeking a Controller for company financial and accounting operations. The position will report initially to the CEO and then to the CFO to be hired in early 2022.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
- Ownership of accounting processes and procedures, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash & bank reconciliation, tax accounting,
- Implementing and maintaining best practice system process and procedures with current QBO Advanced ERP and future accounting system implemented as Company grows.
- Establishing a month end close process, including reporting systems and managing the consolidation of financial and operational data in a timely manner for regular performance reporting, and fulfillment of statutory accounting and taxes.
- Controlling company financial performance, building strong partnership with other functional leaders, providing continuous analysis of performance against budget and previous actuals, identifying variances, and enabling corrective actions where needed, developing and continuously updating plans to mitigate P&L risks.
- Managing the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process across the business; including monthly revenue, margin and cost forecasts, and cash flow projections.
- Coordinating with back-office team in India to improve reporting and new processes and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum 8 years of relevant Director of Finance or Controller level experience
- CPA license and/or public accounting experience a plus
- Experience in construction-based companies; experience in project-based sales is a plus
- Experience at smaller, fast-growing company with entrepreneurial mindset is preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in current financial software, including Quickbooks and ERP systems
- Personal integrity, great teamwork attitude, and high level of respect for others
- Inspired by being part of a team with the mission to grow fast to make a significant impact on climate change and expand people’s access to lower cost, renewable energy
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work successfully in a mainly remote position with limited supervision
- Must be strategic thinker and not a scorekeeper
Compensation and Benefits
- At-market salary
- Benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.