Enterprise Sales Executive (Remote Role)
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a fast-growing commercial solar company using patented artificial intelligence software and data to radically simplify how building owners buy solar electricity systems. Their flagship products, SkyQuotes™ and SkyPlanner™ enable building owners to access online in seconds accurate, comprehensive proposals for solar systems on all their buildings, and at the lowest price in the market. Simpler buying means simpler selling too, enabling OnSwitch to slash customer acquisition costs compared to other solar providers. Using aerial imagery and artificial intelligence, OnSwitch is building-out the SkyQuotes database to include every solar-viable building in the nation by next year followed by international expansion. OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, particularly multi-building project portfolios with individual customers, through both direct and channel relationships. OnSwitch sells nationwide with a focus on the top solar states of California and northeast U.S. Our customers include F500 corporate buyers as well as top solar project development companies.
OnSwitch is seeking an Enterprise Sales Executive who has a strong understanding of sales opportunity creation and qualification, relationship building, problem solving, deal structuring, and deal closing. Compensation will have a high commission component to incentivize deal closing in a timely manner. Our ideal candidate excels at asking prospects strategic questions to qualify and identify potential barriers to closing, prioritizing listening, and driving prompt and effective actions by customers, partners, and colleagues. Good candidates will have a proven track record of synthesizing complex technical, financial, and organizational issues into understandable, straight-forward energy system solutions. This is a new addition to our small but mighty sales team working closely with our CEO and Head of Business Development to support our targeted growth within an existing pipeline and through new origination opportunities.
OnSwitch has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and New Jersey. This position is remote-based with a slight preference for those locations to allow for in-person team collaboration once-per-week.
- Sell turnkey projects to multi-building corporate accounts and sell solar engineering and construction services to solar project development companies
- Qualify leads and develop solar/storage projects to closing sales orders
- Find and establish relationships with key decision makers and influencers within prospective customer accounts, especially willing and capable champions
- Communicate project status, necessary actions, and incremental outcomes to OnSwitch colleagues to support your selling and proposals generation
- Develop and implement action plans and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field
- Recognize market characteristics favorable to OnSwitch offerings
- Meet quarterly sales order goals
- Identify appropriate prospects, perform outreach and set appointments, make effective qualifying sales calls
- Assess prospective buyers’ needs and follow defined selling process
- Possess in-depth knowledge of OnSwitch products & services to conduct demos, deftly handle questions, and set proposal win strategies
- Update CRM systems with current and relevant information on the progress of project leads and opportunities, reviewing top sales opportunities weekly with sales support team
- Maintain working relationships with existing customers to ensure exceptional service and identification of potential additional expansion opportunities
- Continually evaluate selling effectiveness and communicate to rest of OnSwitch the feedback and recommendations for evolving aspects of business model, selling & development process, regional focus, direct/indirect sales channel focus, or strategic partnerships
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of high-dollar, complex project-based sales experience under commission-focused compensation, preferably in energy services and financing
- Experience in small, fast-growing companies is preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated sales closer with exceptional deal management skills including prioritization, internal coordination, follow-through on tasks, and juggling a dynamic portfolio of active deals
- Ability to travel to customer meetings and industry events (post-Covid)
- Personal integrity and high level of respect for others
- Inspired by being on a team with the mission to grow fast to make a significant impact on climate change and expand people’s access to lower cost, renewable energy
Compensation and Benefits
- Sales-oriented compensation comprising base salary and commission plan tied to project sales orders.
- Benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.