Enterprise Sales Associate (Remote Role)
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a solar/storage project development and
installation company in business and governments markets, under going fast growth that
offers new employees strong career opportunities. OnSwitch has simplified selling of solar projects through its proprietary software product, SkyQuotes™, that at the same time simplifies how customers evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote)
for any or all of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 150kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers and public agencies (direct sales) as well as large solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is seeking an Enterprise Sales Associate who has a good understanding of customer interaction, relationship building and service; sales opportunity creation and
qualification; and a desire for career growth as a key part of a mission-driven and sales-
focused company. Compensation will have a high commission component to align with the larger sales team.
The Enterprise Sales Associate will report to OnSwitch’s Head of Business Development.
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East regional office in New Jersey.
This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
Support and coordinate with two outside sales people in day-to-day management of their
customer leads and opportunity pipelines to accelerate the growth of project pipelines and
• Support lead generation campaigns by identifying target customers and buildings and requesting production SkyQuotes and SkyPlanners
• Vet and support engagement of inbound leads. Resolve customer questions and inquiries through email and outbound calls
• Gather from prospects their building and company information for potential proposal,
SkyQuotes and SkyPlanner generation
• Build relationships with in customer organizations
• Provide input to bid strategies that give OnSwitch the highest winning price.
• Drive and coordinate with project execution team, outside financing companies, and specialized vendors to generate proposals and customer presentations, and ensure final document is customer-ready
• Continually streamline, standardize, and improve proposal, SkyQuote, and SkyPlanner
templates and client presentations
• Communicate quickly and persuasively with customers
• Track and update sales and marketing activities and deals using Saleforce.com and
• Drive and coordinate with sales contract closing team
• Recommend and implement process improvements including sales forecasting,
reporting, and analytics and operations
• Periodically analyze sales opportunities, quotes, and orders by key parameters such as
hit rates, market segments, offerings, and lead sources. Draw conclusions and recommend actions for improving sales processes
• Maintain up-to-date sales collateral in preparation for responses to Requests for
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of contracted sales handoff packages for Project
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 3 years of a sales or sales support position selling complex offer, preferably under compensation plan that includes commission, and preferably in energy services
• Experience in small, fast-growing companies is preferred
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and
• Self-driven with strong internal-team management and coordination skills including
prioritization, communication, follow-through on tasks, and juggling a dynamic portfolio of active deals
• Ability to travel to customer meetings and industry events, to the extent possible under
• Personal integrity and high level of respect for others on climate change and expand people’s access to lower cost, renewable energy
Compensation and Benefits
• Base salary and commission plan tied to dollar amount of project sales contracts
closed by support salespeople
• Benefit include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.