Buyer and Logistics Coordinator
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East office in New Jersey. This position is remote-based though employees based in San Francisco Bay Area or northern New Jersey can benefit from weekly in-person team collaboration.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer/Logistics Coordinator to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business, and ensuring timely delivery of goods to project sites and warehouses. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, collaborating with suppliers, and tracking and expediting orders where necessary. You will also be overseeing inventory and the safe transportation of goods, aligning schedules with suppliers and coordinator with project/construction management teams on deliveries.
The Buyer/Logistics Coordinator should be analytically minded and possess excellent communication skills.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful recommendations regarding buying decisions.
- Scheduling transportation between warehouses and suppliers to and from project locations.
- Ensuring successful receipt of goods at project locations, and remediating delays and/or delivery issues.
- Overseeing inventory and movement in/out of 3PL/warehouses.
- Complying to transportation regulations and company policies, including import/export.
- Coordinate with engineering, project management, suppliers, 3PL and other Supply Chain personnel as required, including offshore operations.
- Remote work role.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Buyer, Purchasing Specialist or similar role in project/construction or related field.
- Additionally, experience as a Logistics Coordinator, Transportation Specialist or similar role in project/construction or related field will be required.
- Renewable energy experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to email@example.com.