Manager Engineering Operations, India
OnSwitch Inc. (www.onswitchenergy.com) is a commercial solar/storage project development and installation company, undergoing fast growth that offers new employees the strong career opportunities. Their proprietary software product, SkyQuoteTM, simplifies the marketing and sales of solar projects, while at the same time simplifies how building owners evaluate and buy OnSwitch solar projects: Customers can access online in seconds an accurate, comprehensive solar project proposal (SkyQuote) for any of their buildings.
OnSwitch focuses on behind-the-meter solar projects nationwide ranging from 30kW to multi-megawatts, with particular focus on multi-building solar project portfolio sales and installation. Our customers include F1000 corporate buyers (direct sales) as well as top solar project development companies (indirect channel).
OnSwitch is headquartered in San Francisco with an East regional office in New Jersey. This position is based in India and requires daily collaboration with team members in US time zones.
- Track metrics and associated data to monitor efficacy of engineering processes
- Manage information associated with design and engineering work
- Keep engineering tasks organized
- Manage relationships with partner engineering firms
- Develop and improve processes and tools to enable continuous improvement and scalability of OnSwitch design and engineering operations.
- Monitor progress and status of engineering tasks and communicate status updates to project teams.
- Manage organization of site information as input to the design and engineering process.
- Manage technical support for OnSwitch engineering activities, ensuring access to files and tools.
- Manage relationships with OnSwitch partner engineering and survey firms. Ensure that agreements are up to date and followed. Monitor performance of partner firms to ensure high-quality work product and on-time delivery.
- Track engineering and design deliverable due dates and metrics associated with meeting commitment dates
- Maintain metrics for standard design and engineering deliverables to enable forecasting and balancing of workload.
- Maintain libraries of product data and other information used for design and engineering activities.
- Develop and maintain templates, checklists, and process documents.
- Support the engineering team in other activities as required.
- Degree in Engineering.
- 5 years experience in project engineering for energy-related construction, particularly renewable energy.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of solar array design and optimization, inverter technology, utility interconnections for DER, permitting for construction projects.
- Experience with solar performance modeling tools and reports.
- Location: currently remote or based in Chennai, India
To apply, send resume and brief cover statement to email@example.com.